Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Awwe, the things we do for love!

Hi all!

I was reading a post over at Pearls and Paws where Heather was talking about how she went camping this weekend with her boyfriend and that she doesn't really like camping.  It reminded me of my funny camping situation. 

When my husband and I were dating we had gone camping with friends a few times.  When we decided to get married we went to Target and registered for our wedding gifts.  When we got to the camping aisle Matt went nuts!  He was shooting that scanner gun like crazy!  As "luck" would have it we got most of those requested camping items as wedding gifts!  After about a couple months of being married I finally had the heart to tell him that "I really don't like camping".  I know that he was really disappointed!  I can still remember the look on his face to this day!  While we were dating though I had to "enjoy" camping because I loved him and he loved it, but now that we're married I can be honest!  No more facades necessary!  Right?

Other things I do for love....
Watch MMA fights (we are even going to a live UFC event in September)!
Listen to Matt's music (it's not necessarily my favorite).

BUT.... I love him and I'm sure there are things that he has to do for me that he isn't excited about too (like taking pictures for this blog)!

What do you do for love that you're not excited about?



Have a great day!

Lisa B


6 comments:

  1. BF and I spent a ton of money one time a long while ago for a camping trip we went on with a bunch of friends. And though we didn't hate it, that was the one time we went camping (i.e., used all our stuff) to this day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny! I am starting to see a common theme!

      Lisa B

      Delete
  2. Ha AMEN girl! And I totally agree on the music - My guy likes country. I do not. But I tolerate it for his sake... :) Thanks for the shout out dear!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge MMA/UFC person, but my fiance won tickets to a UFC event back in January. Surprisingly, it was a LOT of fun and seemed to fly by even though there were 10 fights! It also helped that I tried to predict the winners for each fight based on their introductions (I was 9 for 10!). Ah, love... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to predict who is going to win by who has the best 6 pack. The type of shorts that they wear also factor in! :)

      Delete